Catalog No. 1039 - Safety Disconnect Device
TESCO’s Safety Disconnect Device (Cat. 1039) allows you to safely disconnect or reconnect power using the meter’s remote disconnect from the palm of your hand. This Safety Disconnect Device can also be utilized as a meter probe.
TESCO’s portable safety disconnect device allows you to safely disconnect power using the meter’s remote disconnect from the palm of your hand without removing the meter from the socket.
COST EFFICIENT: Perform Disconnect Testing without the need for more expensive test equipment in the lab.
EASY TO USE: The device will light up when you align the device with the meter, letting you know it’s working.
SAFE and SECURE: Utilities download a security password through a PC interface to the Safety Disconnect Device.
CONVENIENT and PORTABLE: TESCO’s ergonomic design fits in the palm of your hand during use, and can be stored in a toolbox in your work truck.
TESCO’s Safety Disconnect Device can also be used for emergency situations like a residential or commercial fire when emergency responders are trying to enter the structure. Using password protected data from the local utility, emergency responders can easily shut the power off to enter the structure safely.
- Open the remote disconnect switch on meters with an optical port
- Close the remote disconnect switch on meters with an optical port
- Leave the meter in the socket during disconnect/reconnect
- Allow meter to be installed with switch open, for safety and arcing (allowing the installer to set the meter without worry of fault on load side)
- Save time and money sending techs out in the field
- LEDs show status of Safety Disconnect Device
- Read date and time of open/close along with meter serial number, or meter ID
- Read data out via USB interface for data logs, times, voltage, etc.