Personal Protective Equipment Module
TESCO’s Meter Manager Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Module is the only inventory control and management system for Personal Protective Equipment designed specifically for the electric utility industry.
Rubber gloves, sleeves, face shields, hot sticks, or any other safety equipment can be tracked. Both serialized and non-serialized PPE is handled by the system. The module tracks all the PPE for each technician, truck, service center, and any other inventory location. If the technician moves, his or her PPE moves with him. If a truck is reassigned, the PPE moves with the truck.
If the technician requires replacement PPE due to theft, loss, or damage, he/she can submit a request electronically and be notified when the equipment is available for pickup or has been shipped. The technician can even attach a photograph and scanned documents, such as a police report, to the request.
If the PPE is barcoded, you may use the system’s integrated scanner support to quickly scan items in and out of inventory. When integrated with TESCO’s other Meter Manager modules, you can define any special safety equipment that is required for specific work orders or work order types and the system will ensure the technician has the required safety equipment before job assignment.
- Tracks serialized and non-serialized PPE
- Automatically flags equipment due for testing
- Tracks warranty information for all equipment
- Monitors excessive equipment loss or damage
- Technicians can attach a photo to document damaged equipment. If desired, this can be used instead of returning the damaged equipment, such as a torn glove.
- If a single glove or sleeve is damaged, the remaining item can be made part of a new pair
- Tracks required tools for each position; can report on extra tools required for current or prospective position
- PPE can be assigned to individuals or locations. Whenever a technician moves, their assigned gear moves with him or her
Tool Tracking Management Module
The TESCO Meter Manager Tool Tracking Management Module is a comprehensive inventory control and management system for all tools used by many technicians, from a Phillips screwdriver to a metering standard. Both serialized and non-serialized tools are supported as well as calibrated and non-calibrated. Utilities can even track personally owned equipment. TESCO Meter Manager Tools Management Module tracks all the tools for each technician, truck, service center, and any other inventory location. If the technician moves, the tools move with him or her. If a truck is reassigned, the tools move as well. All testing and calibration of equipment is managed. Simply set up the required calibration intervals for each type of equipment and the system will automatically schedule and manage the calibration. You can test and return, swap out new for old, or give loaners during test – however you manage your test equipment, the TESCO Meter Manager Tool Tracking Management Module can handle it. If you send out new equipment and expect the old equipment to be returned, the system will automatically notify you if it has not been received by the expected date. Failure of any equipment is tracked in detail, as is lost, stolen, or damaged equipment. If any technician is having excessive equipment issues, an exception is generated for management review. Warranty information can be entered, in which case the system will automatically know if any failed equipment is under warranty and will manage the warranty repair process.
Users (based on permission levels) can define the required equipment for each job classification. For example, if a meter technician is moving from single phase to polyphase, you can instantly generate a list of additional equipment required. When integrated with TESCO’s other Meter Manager Modules, the user (based on permission levels) can define the tools required for specific work orders or work order types and the system will ensure the technician has the required equipment before he/she is assigned to the job.
- Tracks serialized and non-serialized tools
- Tracks calibrated and non-calibrated tools
- Automatically flags equipment due for calibration
- Tracks warranty information for all tools
- Monitors excess tool loss or damage
- Knows required tools for each position; can report on extra tools required for current or prospective position
- Tools can be associated with a location, truck, or an individual. When trucks or individuals move, their tools move with them