TESCO 10 Amp Current Transformer Burden Test Set
Catalog No. 1043
The Catalog 1043 Current Transformer Burden Test Set is a simple and inexpensive means whereby a current transformer installation may be quickly checked for many sources of trouble. The tests are made without interrupting the Customer's service and while the load is on.
The instrument is essentially a multi-range ammeter with a built-in ohmic burden which is normally shunted, but which can be put in series with the meter by pressing a push button.
Extensive precautions have been taken in the design so that there will be a continuous and closed path in the watthour meter current circuit at all times, and the secondary of the current transformer will not be opened by accident.
The Current Transformer Burden Test Set is used for detecting the following sources of trouble in any C.T. installation.
- Short circuited primary turns on C.T.
- Short circuited secondary turns on C.T.
- High resistance joints or connections in the C.T. secondary circuit
- Short circuited secondary wiring
- Customer tampering
- Grounding of normal ungrounded wire
- Grounding of secondary winding when mounted on grounded structure
- Current ranges selected such that a half-scale reading on any range will be a full-scale deflection on the next lowest range. Consequently, a current range can be selected which will give at least half-scale deflection.
- Large easy to read panel meter
- Four current ranges
- Six ohmic burden values
- Non-conducting molded case
- Current Ranges: 1.25A, 2.5A, 5A, 10A
- Burden Values: 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1, 2, 4 ohms at the nominal current of 5 amperes, these ohmic values correspond to 2.5, 5, 12.5, 25, 50 and 100 volt ampere burden, respectively.
- Rotary Switches: The rotary switches are of the shorting or "make before break" type to prevent accidental opening of the C.T. secondary.
- Readability: The meter is a 2-1/2" panel instrument with a scale of 2-3/16" and a transparent unbreakable plastic cover for easy viewing.<
- Duty Cycle: The instrument is rated for continuous duty up to the largest current value except for the burden resistors which are rated for intermittent duty.
- Case: The instrument is housed in a non-conducting black molded plastic case with white panel markings.
- Dimensions: 6.875" x 3.125" x 5.25"(W x D x H)
- Weight: 2.75 lbs.
Spare Parts, Calibration & Repair
10 Amp Current Transformer
Burden Test Set
Catalog No. 1043
Optional Cable Set
Catalog No. J-35-50T
Purchase Tesco Equipment
Call now. Contact TESCO sales to order direct at:
To order spare or replacement parts for this item please contact your TESCO representative directly or call the number above.